How It Works
Active, open awareness can be difficult for humans conditioned by the controlling, competitive tendencies of modern culture. Work of Heart programs foster tuning in and information gathering, boundary setting, being present and doing, synergistic reconnection with animals and other humans as well as helping participants rediscover authenticity.
Horses mirror our unconscious intention and gesture, model mindfulness and demonstrate authentic community as a way of life. They help us access our deepest yearning and move beyond our limitations.
Activities with the horse:
- Help us tune into the body and its messages
- Learn to use emotions and behavior as information
- Access the authentic self
- Reclaim projections
- Practice sitting in uncomfortable emotion
- Understand the past with focus on being in the present.